Blue Angels hearing aids are great value compared to what shops in malls charge. You should not need to send them in for an expensive annual service call either. In fact, with a little simple care our hearing aids should be trouble-free for far longer.
Behind-the-ear hearing aids button up their electronic goodies inside a hard plastic shell. However this does not mean we should not treat them gently. The electronics are jammed in tightly and there are few serviceable parts inside. However, with a little care they could last for years and years.
Simple Things You Can Do to Care for Your Hearing Aids
Keep your hearing aids in a dry, cool place when not in use, like the medicine cabinet. Wash your hands before you put them on, or take them off in case you have dirt or oil on them.
Make your batteries last longer by switching off your aids when not wearing them. Replace single-use batteries when running low on charge. Blue Angels batteries are rechargeable. Leave them plugged in every night when you retire to bed.
Hold your hearing aids above a soft surface when fitting, adjusting, or removing them. That way, they should suffer no harm if you accidentally drop them. Clean them gently once a week with the brushes in the kit, and wipe them clean with a slightly damp cloth.
Things to Avoid After You Receive Your Blue Angels Hearing Aids
- Hearing aids are not entirely waterproof because the electronics need ventilation. Never wear them in the shower or swimming pool because this could damage them.
- Avoid spraying hair aerosol, or any other kind of hair spray when wearing your hearings aids. Do not leave in direct sunlight, near a heater or in a car on a hot day.
- Consult the doctor before you undergo medical treatment. Electronic scans including CAT scans, MRI scans and other electro-magnetic scans can damage hearing aid circuits.
- Hearing aid batteries, whether rechargable or single use can seriously harm small children if they swallow them, or pop them in their ears and noses. If this happens, obtain emergency medical help.
Blue Angels Discount Hearing Aid Kit Waiting for You
How to Clean Behind-the-Ear Hearing Aids
Blue Angels behind-the-ear hearing aids are simpler to remove, and clean outside properly than in-the-ear ones. Remember to hold them above a soft surface at all times when doing so.
- Don’t use chemicals or disinfectant wipes unless marked ‘safe for hearing aids’ to avoid damaging the internals.
- Never use water or any kind of cleaning fluid on the plastic shell either. A gentle rub should be sufficient.
- Clean your hearing aids after you take them off, before going to bed so they can air overnight.
Inspect the ear molds or ear buds once a week for wax build-up from your ears. This is a natural process and nothing to worry about. However, you do need to clear this away before it starts blocking the sound reaching your ears.
Remove what you can with a soft cloth, and then remove the residue with the tools included in your Blue Angels hearing aid kit. Perform these simple talks regularly and you should have good hearing for years.
Tips for Fitting and Removing Behind-the-Ear Hearing Aids
- Work over a soft surface. Turn the power supply on in the morning. You may hear a soft squealing sound warning you the mold / bud is not is the ear properly. Insert it carefully so it fits snugly into the ear recess. The ‘alarm’ should cease after you do this.
- Gently slide the hearing aid in position behind your ear to start the refreshing sensation of amplified hearing. Repeat the process with the second ear and prepare for a great day ahead.
- Removing a hearing aid is the reverse process. Work over a soft surface. Gently maneuver the hearing aid over your outer ear until it hangs loosely on the ear tube. Remove the mold / bud gently with your tips of fingers.
- Turn off the power supply to save battery life. Inspect the hearing aid for signs of damage, which should be unlikely. Wipe the hearing aid gently before you store it safely for future use.
The Blue Angels ‘Once in a Lifetime’ Offer
If you move fast you may be able to obtain the hearing aids in the picture for just $197.99 for both, including delivery. We created this offer by sourcing, and supplying directly to you. We doubt you’ll get better quality at that price. Hearing aids may look the same, but can be very different inside!